About MPC Method
Innovative EOR Technology
Method is aimed at increasing the output of wells, by active (multistage) physical and chemical action of burning in water high-energy compounds and combustive and oxidizing mixtures of new generation on the zone of uncovered production formation. Our company synthesizes them in laboratory conditions. The created chemical systems can be oxidized in water which is ballast in the well.
The Oxidation-reduction Mixes (ORM), and also products of their reaction are eco-friendly systems (environmental research conclusions are available). All chemical mixes are prepared according to technical specifications and the patent which are the intellectual property of developers of technology.
Our chemical complexes are to be delivered in the bottomhole zone of the well. They oxidize there under the action of the in-situ temperature, combustible components, and then burn in the water without access of air, releasing reactive gases and heat, simultaneously decomposing other components, for example, complex compounds of nitrates. Atomic and molecular hydrogen, oxides of nitrogen and carbon, vapors of nitric and hydrochloric acids are being evolved during a reaction. They effect multi-functionally on the formation and the fluid. The main working medium of the process is hydrogen, which has not only an extremely high penetrating power into the reservoir, but also increases the permeability for other gases.
MPC Method is a technology with a low cost (compared with other methods) and high profitability. The MPC Technology cost is to be compensated, after 4-6 months of well operation. Also, it should be noted that this technology does not require the involvement of expensive or specific equipment. The work is carried out by a standard workover rig or coiled tubing unit. Accordingly, only workover staff will be involved in the operation. It is important to note that, for MPC Method implementation only 2-3 days is required. Straight after MPC is completed the well activation procedure and pump installation process can be started. .
This technology can be adapted and adjusted to the well maintenance schedule. This means that the customer can assign a work date to the time when it is planned to carry out any work on this well. It saves time and founds, and also does not break on the workover schedule.
MPC Method Advantages
- Quick return on investments
- Standard WO equipment is required
- The application takes only 2-4 days
- Complex impact on the bottomhole well zone
- Skin-effect reduction
- Increase in permeability and recovery rate
- Improvement of natural properties of the reservoir
- Well bore zone clean-up from contamination (mub, asphaltene-resin-paraffin deposits)
- Environmentally friendly technology, no damage for rock matrix
MPC Method Challange
- Activation of a new drilled well. Solving the problem of mud contamination.
- Production enhancement for heavy oil well
- Improvement of permeability in tight reservoirs
- In situ fluid mobility increase
- Renew the well to commercial production mode (depleted and mature fields)
MPC Method Features
- Breaking down chemical bonding between rock and hydrocarbons;
- Short term in-situ hydro cracking of heavy hydrocarbon fractions;
- Temporary temperature increase (up to 500 C) of active well zone
- Creating a new micro fractures and channels;
- Enlarging of existing channels and pores;
- Pay-zone cleaning form mud and contamination with heavy components of oil;